jueves, 20 de agosto de 2009

Keats


Dear all,

Tomorrow´s session will be devoted to reading, appreciating and discussing one of the most beautiful poems written by John Keats "When I have fears that I may Cease to be".

Here is a link to a video where you can listen to the poem...its music...its melancholy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asGolDPXMoo

and the written version...

When I have fears that I may cease to be

Before my pen has glean'd my teeming brain,

Before high-piled books, in charactery,

Hold like rich garners the full ripen'd grain;

When I behold, upon the night's starr'd face,

Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,

And think that I may never live to trace

Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;

And when I feel, fair creature of an hour,

That I shall never look upon thee more,

Never have relish in the faery power

Of unreflecting love;--then on the shore

Of the wide world I stand alone, and think

Till love and fame to nothingness do sink.


I will upload my previous presentation to the virtual so that you write your post on Coleridge´s poem. Deadline Sunday night. You can choose any of Coleridge´s quotations included in the presentation and discuss how they relate to the poem.

See you,
Claudia



No hay comentarios: